Upper and lower extremity prosthetic patient care
On your first visit with a Collier prosthetist, you can expect:
- Initial Consultation
- Complete Insurance Paperwork
- Schedule a return appointment to review your plan of care
Our Multidisciplinary Team Approach
We understand that for prosthetic patients to have success, their care specialists need to work together.
Our team of specialists work closely with rehabilitation team, physician(s), patient and family members to provide improved care for the patient. Collective input from all team members creates a clear plan for better patient outcomes, and higher patient satisfaction with improved mobility results.
The Evaluation Process
- We work with a team of rehabilitation physicians, neurologists and rehab therapists to assess patients’ strengths, deficits and cognitive ability to provide the best possible outcome.
- Help the patient find the prosthesis that is best suited for their needs, and assist with insurance paperwork and approval.
- Being very friendly and professional during patients’ extremely emotional and difficult time in the hospital and during the healing process, as usually it is a life changing accident or trauma that has put them there.
- Having a great team of technicians that fabricate the custom devices in-house. It is very important that the patient is fit with their device quickly while they’re still in the hospital to start gait training and muscle strengthening. This also gives the practitioner a chance to make any necessary adjustments before patients are discharged.
- We have a stellar administration staff who provide excellent practitioner support and communicate with patients’ families and the care team with administrative questions and concerns.
Upper and Lower Extremity
Amputations or congenital defects – our specialists are experienced in some of the most difficult cases. Establishing a relationship with a prosthetist that you can trust is crucial to the success of your care plan. We encourage you to ask questions about your care plan, and we will teach you what you need to know to get the most satisfaction with your prosthetic device.